Pages

Friday 19 August 2016

Narrative Writing: Cold Water

The rain was pouring down, covering most of the car, it was as if a storm was about to start. I started at the door with several shopping bags over my head. “Place them here”, my mum told me, handing me a towel. “Hmm, I think it’s a good idea if you take a shower” mum was acting really concerned, it was strange. I gave her one of those ‘Ok I will, but are you alright’ faces, and headed towards the bathroom.

I jumped back, the water was freezing. “Uh, the water is cold again”, I shouted, hoping my mum would hear me. I sat in my room for approximately 5 minutes, hoping the water would’ve been less freezing, when I go back. “Sorry, the water is a bit cold, just wait half an hour”, my mum exclaimed. “Did she just hear what I said, 5 minutes ago”, I thought strangely. I sat on my bed shivering, watching the time go by. I couldn’t wait any longer so I decided to change and maybe shower the next morning.


I woke up at about 8am, with my hair in a messy ponytail, a missing sock and headed towards the bathroom door and turned the shower on, crossing my fingers that the water wouldn’t be freezing. “Mum! The water is still cold”. I walked over to my mum’s bedroom, hoping she was awake. "Just shower in cold water because it's going to be 117 degrees", my mum said quietly. I decided to do what she had said and had one of the worst showers of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment